Support Genesis in Your Own Way!
At Genesis, we believe everyone can be a part of the solution to end domestic violence by giving back or getting involved in their own way. Whether it’s a particular skill or talent you may have, a passion you hold dear, a business you frequent, or connections you can use to help us raise funds and awareness, everyone can join Genesis in the fight to end domestic violence.
WHAT IS A THIRD-PARTY EVENT?
A third-party event is an event organized, hosted, sponsored, and staffed by an external, or non-affiliated, group in support of or benefitting Genesis.
Please contact our director of corporate and foundation relations, Julia Palmer at email@example.com or 214.389.7719 to get involved or for more details.
Fundraiser Event Ideas!
Upcoming Public events
Too Hot To Handle 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Virtual Run
July 10, 2021 • 7:30-11:30am
One of the most attended events of the summer. Great event to challenge yourself and friends. Courses are all certified and scenic around the lake. Enjoy the cooling zones after the race. Lots of support on the course to keep you cool and hydrated The Sponsor Village in Norbuck Park will be packed with awesome sponsors, music, food and a beer garden. Don’t miss this great summer tradition and racing experience! Runners can designate a donation to Genesis upon registration.
Melon Dash 5K, 10K, Fun Run, Virtual Run
August 7, 2021 • 7:45-9:00am
Join us for a great summer race starting and finishing in Towne Lake Park and running throughout the beautiful streets of McKinney. Participants will be greeted at the finish with cool towels and refreshments, including cold, sweet watermelon. Our sponsor village will be packed with goodies . 5K runners, 1OK runners or Fun runners, this is your kind of fun. Bring your friends and family along to enjoy the fun. Runners can designate a donation to Genesis upon registration.
Will Run for BBQ & Beer Virtual Run (Any Distance!)
Now - July 4, 2021
Texas is famous for BBQ and ice cold beer. Heck, people come from all over the world just to get a taste of Texas. There are many reasons to run but here in Texas, we will run for BBQ and beer. The bib is real. The medal is real. The competition is real. Join us on our social media. Run anytime, anywhere. Runners can designate a donation to Genesis upon registration.
Skyline 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Virtual Run
September 4, 2021 • 8:00am-12:00pm
Run Project is committed to bringing you the iconic Skyline Half, 10K & 5K, that we all know and love, complete with the beautiful Downtown Dallas skyline. Please join us this Labor Day weekend in celebrating safely with family and friends far and wide at the best-in-class half marathon as big as Texas - Skyline Half, 10K & 5K. Runners can designate a donation to Genesis upon registration.
Oktoberfest Fort Worth Run Und Ride 5K, 10K, 20 Mile Urban Ride, Radler 1 Mile, Virtual Run
September 25, 2021 • Time TBD
Oktoberfest Run Und Ride is an annual celebration with Oktoberfest Fort Worth-featuring a 20 mile urban bike ride, 10K, 5K and 1 mile fun run. Riders will enjoy scenic views of Cowtown, Magnolia, Downtown, Trinity River and a beer stop along the way. All participants will also receive a free 3 day pass into celebrate at the Oktoberfest Fort Worth festival. Dressing in lederhosen is recommended! Runners can designate a donation to Genesis upon registration.
Comerica Women’s Symposium
October 21, 2021 • 11:30-2:30pm
The Comerica Bank Women's Business Symposium has been one of the most sought-after events for thousands of attendees across the Comerica footprint for over 15 years. Developed specifically for women, this event provides business owners, executives and professionals an opportunity to Learn, Connect & Grow professionally, personally and financially.
- Fundraisers benefitting Genesis must be in keeping with our mission. Genesis reserves the right to decline any fundraising proposal that is not in line with our mission.
- The third-party fundraiser is responsible for all vendor agreements, contracts, insurance, and necessary permits for the event. Genesis will not assume any legal or financial liability for a third-party event. Genesis, any of its Board Members, or staff reserve the right to cancel involvement in the event at any time. Genesis will incur no liability for any such cancellation.
- Third-party fundraising events must be fully executed by the third-party fundraiser(s). Genesis staff is available to provide fundraising recommendations and information during your planning process. However, due to limited staff resources, Genesis staff cannot plan or guarantee promotion of third-party fundraising events.
- Third-party fundraising events must be financially self-sustaining without contribution or financial risk from Genesis. All third-party fundraising event expenses are the responsibility of the third-party fundraiser and must be paid by the third-party fundraiser. Refunds or reimbursements will not be available after the donation made is Genesis.
- Third-party fundraisers must fully and truthfully state the portion of the proceeds which will be donated to Genesis in all advertising, promotions, and in all contact with donors, sponsors, and participants.
- The third-party fundraiser is responsible for all vendor agreements, contracts, insurance, and necessary permits for the event. Genesis will not assume liability for a third-party event.
Marketing and Promotions Guidelines
- Genesis is not a sponsor of third-party fundraising events and should be listed as a “beneficiary” on all promotional materials.
- Third-party event fundraisers are authorized to use the Genesis logo available from the download link here.
- The third-party fundraiser is responsible for all marketing, including writing and distributing press releases, PSA’s, Facebook postings, invitations, ads, etc.
Charitable Giving Guidelines
- Unless your organization is a registered non-profit entity, donations made to it are not tax deductible.
- Donations made directly to a third-party event can be used to cover the event’s expenses, but are not tax-deductible.
- A donation solicited on behalf of Genesis is fully tax deductible only when it is made directly and entirely to Genesis, as we are the only agents who can verify that such a gift was made, and the nature of the gift, to the IRS. Donors wishing to receive a tax acknowledgment letter should provide their donation via check or online.