GIVING ITEMS TO GENESIS
Thank you for your interest in providing goods for the Genesis mission! We are so grateful for the generous donations from our community members, and our clients are more comfortable and healthy because of your ongoing support.
Our needs are ever-changing. This page serves as an up-to-date list of all items we need most at our residential and Outreach facilities. Whether you are organizing a supply drive at your office or simply want to donate a few items, we are so appreciative of your contributions!
IMPORTANT: In-kind donations refer to brand new items only. Gently-used items can be donated to the Genesis Benefit Store.
1. CHECK THIS PAGE
This page is updated monthly
with our most pressing needs.
2. GATHER YOUR ITEMS
Boxing up items is an easy
way to transport.
3. DROP OFF YOUR DONATION
Drop off hours are
Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
If you would like to preschedule your drop off,
please contact Mackenzie Duncan at
214.389.7775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUESTED ITEMS FOR JANUARY 2020
Although we do not serve men, many of our clients do have teenage children. Providing for the kiddos staying at our shelter is just as important as making sure mom has everything she needs, so we appreciate your help!
Cozy, comfortable clothes
• Women’s and men’s casual elastic waist pants, sweatpants or joggers (sizes small to XXX-large)
• Women’s and men’s casual long sleeve tops, hoodies or sweatshirts (sizes large to XXX-large)
• Women’s and men’s t-shirts (sizes XX-large to XXX-large)
Casual, everyday shoes*
• Infant/toddlers shoes (sizes 0-10.5, including all half-sizes)
• Stride Rite toddler shoes (sizes 2-5)
• Kid's shoes (sizes 1-7)
• Women's shoes (sizes 6 - 11, including all half-sizes)
• Men’s shoes (sizes 8-13, including all half sizes)
• Adult-sized flip flops (sizes small to X-large)
*Our clients have a strong need for comfortable shoes like sneakers and slip-ons. No heels, please.
Full-size toiletry items
• Children’s toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo and body wash
• Body lotion
• Hair products such as hairdryers, hair curlers, straightening irons, brushes and accessories (both for children and adults)
• Cantu Hair Products
• Boy’s sizes: small to X-large
• Girl’s sizes: 4-16
• Women’s sizes: 4-10
• Men’s sizes: small to X-Large
*NUT FREE OPTIONS ONLY*
Let's keep their bellies full! Requesting individual-size snacks for our clients include Mac n' Cheese cups, Ravioli cups, Kind Bars, Skinny Pop, Snack Bars, Pop Chips, Pretzels, Nutra-Grain bars, vanilla wafers, fruit (apples and cuties are always popular!), Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies, etc.
Below is a list of items we are *NOT ABLE TO ACCEPT:*
After safety, self-esteem and dignity are some of the most important goals we focus on at Genesis Women's Shelter. A woman and her children need to know they are worthy and deserving of new items, so please help us by avoiding donating used items!
Used mattress/box springs
Used exercise equipment
Used baby equipment (cribs, car seats, booster seats, breast pumps, baby bottles)
Furniture with any damage (rips, tears, stains, holes, scratches or pet hairs)
Opened or used toiletries/makeup
Any items that are expired or expiring within one month