Women’s and Children’s Therapist (Lancaster Campus)
Job Title: Women’s and Children’s Therapist
Location: Non-Residential _ Outreach Office (5020 S. Lancaster Rd)
Program: Clinical Services
Schedule: Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri 9:00am to 5:00pm; Tues 11:00am to 7:00pm
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Clinical and Non-Residential Services
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Women’s and Children’s Therapist will provide individual and group therapy to women and children who have been or are living in homes with domestic violence. This position is responsible for assessment and evaluation to aid and determine treatment goals, as well as providing crisis intervention and long-term counseling in remediation of family violence. Works as a member of a treatment team in advocating for clients affected by domestic violence.
- Provide individual and group counseling to women, adolescents, and children to address their experiences of domestic violence.
- Responsible for providing assessments/evaluations to aid in determining treatment goals and administer any other screenings.
- Providing crisis intervention and therapeutic remediation of family violence in person or telehealth.
- Work as part of a treatment team, formulating treatment plans, and advocating for clients affected by domestic violence.
- Provide parent education regarding services, parenting, and the effects of domestic violence.
- Conduct speaking engagements within the community about domestic violence, teen dating violence, related topics, and the GWSS response.
- Network with community members, groups, and agencies to garner clientele.
- Utilize the DSM-5-TR to formulate a diagnosis of individual and group clients as well as provide ongoing assessment and evaluation to aid in determining clinical treatment goals.
- Collaborate with clients to create treatment plans informed by domestic violence research and trauma-informed care.
- Responsible for playroom and expressive arts room clean up after use.
- Assists with any other projects/tasks as assigned.
Skills / Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field is required.
- Licensed in related field by State of Texas.
- Experience with Play Therapy, Attachment, EMDR, CPT, TF-CBT, and other trauma-informed therapies is preferred.
- High energy levels, self-motivated, results-oriented, and excellent people and communication skills.
- Experience working with adults and children and/or experience leading therapeutic groups strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Have experience providing effective and client-centered crisis intervention.
- Experience with public speaking is preferred.
- Ability to multitask, responding to pages, client emergencies, phone calls, and other correspondence.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged sitting and high levels of client affect.
- Must have high levels of emotional and physical stamina to deal with a variety of stressful situations including working with women who are in life threatening situations, addressing suicidal and homicidal client presentations, and managing anger within a clinical context.
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.