Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Program: Fund Development
Hours: Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM
Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For over thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Volunteer Coordinator will recruit and manage volunteers by creating and maintaining lasting relationships with corporate partners, local organizations, and individual community members as they seek to provide their time and talents to supporting clients at Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques
- Collect information on availabilities and skills
- Arrange for appropriate training when needed
- Produce schedules for everyday activities
- Assign responsibilities to the right people/groups for special events
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for large-scale actions
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied and well-placed
- Disseminate information for upcoming actions and events
- Keep detailed records of volunteers’ information and assignments via the Volunteer Database
- Ensure the purpose of the organization and its actions is clearly communicated
- Willingness to learn the issue of domestic violence to further the mission of Genesis by speaking to corporate partners and local organizations
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social studies or relevant field preferred
- Experience working in a setting that coordinated volunteers for business or a non-profit organization.
- Ability to adapt well in social situations, encouraging and empowering mission of Genesis.
- Experience in recruiting through various channels
- Beginner knowledge of databases, willingness to learn and work in VOMO
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to write and communicate professionally.
- Able to communicate effectively with others, both individually and in a group setting
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.