Job Title: Special Events Assistant
Program: Fund Development
Schedule: Mon – Fri, 9am-5pm
Supervisor: Director of Events
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For over thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Special Events Assistant will assist in planning and managing a group of successful fundraising events and community engagement activities for Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support to contribute to the annual fundraising goals of the agency. The Special Events Assistant will be expected to work enthusiastically and energetically with the Fund Development team to ensure that all events are completed successfully. The Special Events Assistant will be required to complete various task.
- Responsible for a completing task within connection with fundraising process and events
- Assist with soliciting donations via formal letter writing.
- Requesting in-kind donations from event industry vendors
- Working closely with supporters of Genesis to plan such events.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor at all times with team members, staff, event professionals and volunteers
- Assist with all event financials including budgeting, expense tracking, and post-event reporting.
- Event follow-up with consistent donor/vendor/volunteer appreciation
- Oversight of any physical event including assisting with setup and breakdown
- Travel locally for events/meetings on occasional weekends and evenings or as needed.
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year minimum experience in event coordination/management
- Familiarity with event design language and concepts
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector and/or working with volunteers is a plus
- Strong skills with Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with Canva a plus.
- Experience with a donor databases like Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Professional communication skills of all types are essential: telephone, event/social, email and formal letter writing.
- Demonstrate responsibility for their own behavior and work effectively with others.
- Strong organizational and detail management skills. Comfortable working on multiple projects while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Requires a source of transportation.
- Ability to do physical labor (setup and breakdown of most events, such as lifting boxes, arranging tables, walking/standing for prolonged periods of time etc.)