Job Title: Support Staff
Program: Hotline _ Crisis Response_Residential
Schedule: Mon – Sun (due to 24/7 operation various schedule apply)
Supervisor: Director of Hotline
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years, Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Hotline Specialist responds to incoming hotline calls/text from survivors of domestic violence and provides crisis intervention, referrals, information and problem solving to all callers. This position also assists with the upkeep and maintenance of the shelter, and with meeting the needs of the shelter clients. Schedule flexibility and the ability to work with little notice are required for this position.
· Perform telephone hotline crisis intervention and takes appropriate action, including new client intake and exit procedures
· Provide problem solving, safety planning, education, advocacy and referrals to callers and current clients as appropriate
· Prepare, clean, and make ready rooms for new families coming into the shelter.
· Assist in overall office administration and maintenance, including maintaining common areas as necessary
· Assist with administrative duties to include data tracking; Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client services
· Work directly with other hotline staff, and shelter support staff for the purpose of coordinating needs and services of shelter clients
· Assist with some light cleaning, meal prep, and meal service as needed
· Assists with any other projects/tasks as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED; some college preferred-in related field-Social Work, Sociology, Human Services etc.
· 1 year of experience in a social service setting, preferably handling crisis calls and/or crisis intervention; knowledge if domestic violence a plus
· Ability to handle on-site crisis situations, and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve
· Ability to manage time and complete multiple activities within a time limited frame.
· Experience in social services atmosphere; customer service or client facing environment
· Strong ability to multi-task and make critical decisions without a supervisor present
· Must be able to demonstrate empathy and sensitivity to all clients
· Ability to demonstrate the ability to manage high stress situations
· Ability to manage time and complete multiple activities within a timeframe
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook, cloud-based storage systems, and file management software is preferred
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.