Job Title: Facilities Assistant
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm
Supervisor: Sr. Dir. Strategy & Operations
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support provides emergency shelter, safety and counseling for victims of domestic violence and their children. All of the services at Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support are confidential and free. Through every effort we put forth we work to end the epidemic of domestic violence against women and children by stopping individual victimization and reducing the devastating impact of family violence through safety, shelter and expert services to battered women and their children. We are committed to preventing violence by raising the level of community awareness regarding the pervasiveness and effects of domestic violence.
Your role will support the mission through the following actions:
The Facilities Assistant ensures everything is in good repair and working condition on the whole campus. Works with all areas of the organization to address maintenance and related needs. Performs maintenance activities or identifies need to hire outside vendors for maintenance and repairs. Assist to ensure that all clients and staff are in a safe and working environment.
Your responsibilities are:
- Perform basic repairs to the shelter such as plumbing, electrical fixtures, broken appliances/equipment, and other minor repairs.
- Provide maintenance to interior and exterior of the shelter including painting, carpentry, grounds clean-up, and new equipment/furniture installation.
- General janitorial task including mopping and cleaning of all floors and stairs, empty trash cans (replacing liners and cleaning receptacles when needed) in common area and offices.
- Bathroom coordination/clean up (i.e. mop floors, restock toilet paper, paper towels and hand soap)
- Change light bulbs and HVAC filters as needed.
- Pick up supplies and donations for the shelter as needed.
- Reports to Facilities Manager any concerns that need repairs and if needed secures the area to reduce risk of injury by client or staff.
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned.
Skills / Requirements:
- General maintenance skills such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and equipment maintenance.
- Have and maintain valid Texas Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Tasks may involve bending, lifting, and carrying heavy items.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to be flexible and work under time constraints.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com