Job Title: Evening Outreach Assistant
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 4:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Supervisor: Senior Director of Administration & Special Projects
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support provides safety, shelter and support for women who have experienced domestic violence and their children. All of the services at Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support are confidential and no cost. Through every effort we put forth we work to end the epidemic of domestic violence by raising awareness against its cause, prevalence and impact.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Passion for working to end domestic violence and understanding of dynamics of family violence.
- Support a client centered, trauma-informed operation with a mindset of care, compassion and humility.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding Client/agency information.
- Be aware of Client(s) special circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs.
- At times require you to be resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely and efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality and life experience are integral to Genesis’ success.
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help.
- Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Assist Client(s) with basic needs in a safe and secure setting and maintain confidentiality regarding all Client/agency information.
- Strong ability to work in a thriving, fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment.
- Provide a warm and welcoming safe space for Clients.
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the Clients we serve with compassion and humility.
- Experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic and social background, values and attitudes.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with Clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions and how decisions are made.
Your responsibilities are:
The Evening Outreach Assistant plays an integral role in the operations and functions of Genesis’ non-residential facility. In this role, the Evening Outreach Assistant supports all teams who work within the Outreach office. The Evening Outreach Assistant will work with Clients and provide evening oversight of administrative and office functions. This position is supervised by the Senior Director of Administration & Special Projects.
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures.
- Receive Clients for appointments, notifying correct service provider of Client arrival.
- Oversees general office administration tasks; answering the phone, directing calls to appropriate party and when necessary assist with office/administrative needs for all departments.
- Preparing office spaces for internal and external community meetings.
- Ensure that all front office procedures are followed.
- Plays significant role in providing crisis hotline advocacy and providing referrals.
- Maintain general appearance of common areas.
- Assist in the acceptance and organization of in-kind donations, as needed.
- Serve as onsite liaison for all departments and volunteers as necessary.
- Responsible for readying the office for the following business day by completing all close-down cleaning and make-ready procedures per Front Office Checklists.
Skills / Requirements:
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Possess proficient computer skills.
- Ability to operate with empathy and compassion for the Clients served.
- Experience with working on multi-line phone system is preferred.
- Must have excellent phone voice and demeanor that is pleasant and engaging.
- Ability to effectively handle escalations and time critical issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written in dual language.
- Current CPR/First Aid training required within first 30 days of hire.
Qualified individuals should email their resume to email@example.com.