Job Title: Director of Grant Development
Program: Fund Development
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm
Supervisor: Chief Development Officer
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For over thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Director of Grant Funding is responsible for overseeing and advancing the agency’s financial stability through procurement of grant funding and by building lasting relationships with potential donors and foundations. The director will assist the Chief Development Officer in planning, strategizing and managing all grant applications to maximize donations in conjunction with the agency’s needs, requirements and growing budget. The Director of Grant Funding will supervise the Grant Writer to ensure all grant application submissions are of high quality, accurate, compelling and in line with the agency’s greatest needs while meeting budgetary goals.
- Aggressively strategize, plan and manage all outgoing grant applications to maximize fundraising potential in conjunction with the agency’s greatest needs
- Research and identify new foundation and corporate sources for funding
- Supervise the Grant Writer and coordinate the execution of all grant requests
- Work with Grant Writer to prepare and submit grant requests
- Complete required statistical and narrative reports as requested by the funder, CDO or CEO
- Maintain a grant calendar to ensure all documents are submitted in a timely and strategic manner
- Ensure compliance with all fundraising restrictions and requirements
- Communicate with all departments in regards to pledged or received restricted funding, tracking of this funding and necessary reporting requirements
- Input and analyze grant data in Raiser’s Edge
- Ensure timely acknowledgement of secured funding
- Attend staff meetings and grant information sessions
- Work alongside CDO to lead site visits with potential funders at all Genesis’ locations
- Attend networking or social events to steward relationships with current or potential funders
- Work alongside Director of Philanthropy to track corporate engagement and pursue financial contributions
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years’ experience in grant writing, fundraising, or nonprofit work
- Knowledge of the North Texas philanthropic community a plus
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours (i.e. lead site visits, attend special events and support the agency as requested by CDO).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong time management skills
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment.