Job Title: Day Porter/Maintenance
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9AM – 5PM
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Operations
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For over thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
Your responsibilities are:
The Day Porter will be responsible for outdoor and indoor maintenance tasks such as cleaning, sweeping, mopping, and trash removal. The Day Porter must be able to work independently and the ability to follow instructions. This position requires a reliable individual who is comfortable working in both an office and an outdoor environment. The Day Porter will help to maintain our facilities to ensure our clients and staff are in a safe and clean environment.
- Perform general cleaning duties, including sweeping, mopping, dusting, and vacuuming, to maintain a clean environment throughout the agency premises.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, conference rooms, offices, kitchens and common areas.
- Ensure that all trash bins are clean, empty and liners inserted.
- Monitor and restock paper products and supplies in restrooms, kitchens and other areas.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies (ordering and restocking) and equipment.
- Responsible for interpreting and updating MSDS logs for all chemicals used onsite.
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of events and activities held within the agency, more details can be viewed by monitoring event scheduler, Envoy.
- Ensure we are following all health and safety regulations to maintain a safe work environment.
- Assists with any other projects/tasks as assigned.
Skills / Requirements:
- Experience in environmental, maintenance, or janitorial setting strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, usage of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Understanding of and prior experience with interpreting and updating MSDS logs.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Physical requirements
- Ability to lift 25-50+ lbs on a regular basis
- Continuous standing, bending, lifting, and overhead movement
- Bilingual a plus.