Community Engagement Manager/Faith-Based Strategic Partnership
This Position is Part Time (10-20 hours per week)
Advocacy/Community Education Team
Serve as public advocate for the awareness of domestic violence issues and appropriate services. Coordinate with churches, ministries, and community-based organizations to provide presentations, trainings, and outreach events that educate the public about domestic violence and the Genesis Women’s Shelter Response. This position will assist in the creation of a Faith Community Coalition and serve as liaison to the Coalition.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain internal/external relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and skilled public speaker
- Good organizational skills including:
- Ability to multi-task projects and work under compressed time constraints
- Ability to work independently and work well with team oriented projects
- Results-oriented, attention to detail and timely follow-through
- Possess visionary leadership skills in creative problem-solutions, as well as in developing innovative partnership opportunities with faith-based partners
- Strong listening skills
- Assist in the development of Faith Community Council coordinating ongoing activities of the Council.
- Make connections and build positive relationships through community networking.
- Assist in the development of educational/outreach materials and monthly events calendar, social media and newsletter.
- Oversee crisis intervention and information and referrals provided via hotline and direct services as needed.
- Responsible to build robust advocacy response to all survivors seeking services through Genesis.
- Provide educational presentations to churches, faith leaders, ministries, volunteers/advocates, and other community-based organizations.
- Schedule and attend various community outreach events to network with community service providers and spread awareness of Genesis Women’s Shelter’s domestic violence programs and services.
- Facilitate training sessions for professionals, educators, faith leaders, and Genesis volunteers/advocates.
- Work closely with the Genesis Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and schedule new volunteers for Genesis activities.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions and how decisions are made.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Valid Driver’s License and auto insurance
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as needed
Qualified individuals should email their resume to email@example.com.