Job Title: Childcare Coordinator , Full Time
Program: Children’s Program _ @ South Oak Cliff Location
Hours: Mon-Fri (between) 9 AM – 5:00 PM
Supervisor: Children’s Program Director
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support provides safety, shelter and support for women who have experienced domestic violence and their children. All of the services at Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support are confidential and no cost. Through every effort we put forth we work to end the epidemic of domestic violence by raising awareness against its cause, prevalence and impact.
The Childcare Coordinator will provide developmentally appropriate, trauma-informed, and compassionate childcare to children in the residential or non-residential setting. The Childcare Coordinator is responsible for the safety and ethical treatment of all children that are in care. Will also work with various departments at the shelter and is responsible for providing support and activities to residential families.
- Provide nurturing, compassionate, developmentally appropriate, and supportive care to children
- Help to ensure the children’s needs are met while in care such as feeding, diapering, emotional support, and play
- Serve as an advocate to all children who enter the program by assessing their physical, social, and mental needs
- Plan and facilitate activities for children of all ages (infants, toddlers, pre-school age and school age children)
- Provide opportunities for social-emotional development, age appropriate play, and engaging educational activities
- Communicate with moms about the behavior and progress of their children
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the childcare room and other areas
- Responsible in reporting any suspected abuse, neglect, or exploitation to Supervisor and DFPS as specified in the Texas Family Code
- Assist with the coordination and facilitation of volunteers and volunteer groups
- Plan and facilitate special events/activities/parties for children (back to school, fall festival, holiday events, etc.)
- Carry out other necessary duties in other departments/areas as needed
- Make recommendations and participate in the development, improvement and strengthening the children’s program to better meet the needs of clients
- Attend training as necessary to maintain accurate and adequate knowledge in the field of childcare, child development, domestic violence, and trauma-informed services
- Participates in supervision with Children’s Program Director in an open and direct manner to resolves concerns/matters
Skills / Requirements:
- Experience working with children in a daycare or other childcare related setting.
- Knowledge of domestic violence is preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Ability to drive a multi passenger vehicle is preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid certification preferred; certification required within 30 days of hire
- Ability to routinely lift children (up to 35 pounds), move furniture in an early childhood classroom, and sustain long hours of active work (mostly on your feet).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, and sit on the floor to engage with children
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written