Job Title: Assistant Director of Residential Services
Program: Residential Services
Schedule: Mon – Sun between 7AM – 8PM
Supervisor: Director of Residential Services
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Assistant Director of Residential Services (ADRS) supports the residential campus, staff, and all clients onsite. The ADRS will monitor, coordinate and assist with food service, campus care (environmental), client support, and cleanliness. The ADRS will complete make-readies (the process of preparing living areas for clients), coordination of donations and general supply management (inventory), and other projects assigned.
- Provide leadership and supervision to staff for the purpose of coordination of client care, provision of beneficial supportive services to clients, and quality control of campus cleanliness, etc.
- Coordinate and provide of client needs and services such as meal prep and service, volunteer groups, projects and project management, etc.
- Ensuring that all required departments are aware of client’s needs and responsive to client and campus care.
- Perform crisis intervention and take appropriate action, including new client intake and exit procedures
- Provide problem solving, safety planning, education, advocacy and referrals to current clients as appropriate
- Provides clear and prompt communication to client Support Team for ongoing support and coordination of services.
- Participate in all aspects of food on campus (preparing meals, setting out meals, serving meals, and clean up).
- Prepare, clean, and make ready rooms and apartments for incoming or transitioning clients
- Provide general support to clients in accessing basic needs items and navigating communal living
- Participate in the care of the overall campus including environmental services, trash collection and disposal, inventory management, and general care of all spaces
- Assist in overall office administration and maintenance, including data tracking & collection, supply ordering, picking up and distribution of donations or purchases, coordinating maintenance and upkeep of agency equipment and spaces
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client services
- Work directly with other agency staff, vendors, volunteers and donors for the purposes of coordinating needs and services of residential clients
Skills / Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED or higher
- Experience in social services atmosphere
- Strong ability to multi-task and make critical decisions without a supervisor present
- Must be able to demonstrate empathy and sensitivity to all clients
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to manage high stress situations
- Ability to manage time and complete multiple activities within a timeframe
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook, cloud-based storage systems, and file management software is preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred