Job Title: Thrift Store Sales Clerk (Lancaster)
Program: Thrift Store
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Retail
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Support a client-centered operation with a mindset of care, compassion, and humility.
- Be aware of Client(s) particular circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- At times require you to be resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help
- Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a warm and welcoming, safe space for the families we serve.
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve with compassion and humility.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are determined.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
Your responsibilities are:
The Thrift Store Sales Clerk will provide customer service to the all customers, assist with selling products, organize merchandise, assist with donation sorting. The Thrift Store Clerk will work with sorting, tagging, displaying and folding merchandise. At times will be required to assist with clean-up of the store, backroom, warehouse, and any other areas.
- Ensures that area of responsibility is organized, clean, and safe for customers.
- Assist with the sorting of donations and ensuring that donations placed in the store are appropriate for the store and season.
- Assist with hanging, sorting, tagging, transferring merchandise to from the backroom to the sales floor.
- Maintain the sales floor ensuring that all damaged or low quality items are removed.
- Maintain the sales floor and general areas of the store ensuring they are clean, organized, free of any safety hazards and sanitized
- Assist with accepting and gathering of donations. Ensuring they are appropriately distributed to the appropriate location.
- Provides positive and helpful customer services to all customers
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related retail fields, a plus
- Experience in a thriving fast-paced retail environment
- Must have excellent voice and demeanor that is pleasant in all situations
- Ability to be on your feet for six or more hours, left up to 30lbs or more, assist with pulling or pushing heavy racks, and the ability to move actively throughout the day
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter with little to no on-site supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.