Thrift Store Clerk
Job Title: Thrift Store Sales Clerk
Program: Thrift Store
Location: Lancaster - 5020 S Lancaster Rd, Dallas, TX 75216
Supervisor: Store Manager
The Thrift Store Salesclerk will provide customer service to all customers, assist with selling products, organize merchandise, and assist with donation sorting. The Thrift Store Clerk will work with sorting, tagging, displaying, and folding merchandise. At times will be required to assist with the clean-up of the store, backroom, warehouse, and other areas.
- Ensures that area of responsibility is organized, clean, and safe for customers.
- Assist with sorting donations and ensuring that donations placed in the store are appropriate for the store and season.
- Assist with hanging, sorting, tagging, and transferring merchandise to from the backroom to the sales floor.
- Maintain the sales floor ensuring that all damaged or low-quality items are removed.
- Maintain the sales floor and general areas of the store, ensuring they are clean, organized, free of any safety hazards, and sanitized
- Assist with accepting and gathering donations. Ensuring they are appropriately distributed to the appropriate location.
- Provides positive and helpful customer service to all customers
- Assists with any other projects/tasks as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related retail fields, a plus
- Experience in a thriving fast-paced retail environment
- Must have an excellent voice and demeanor that is pleasant in all situations
- Ability to be on your feet for six or more hours, left up to 30lbs or more, assist with pulling or pushing heavy racks, and the ability to move actively throughout the day
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter with little to no on-site supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.