Thrift Store Clerk
Job Title: Thrift Store Clerk
Program: Thrift Store
Hours: Monday - Sunday (between) 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Supervisor: Thrift Store Manager / Director
Genesis Women's Shelter & Support provides safety, shelter and support for women who have experienced domestic violence and their children. All of the services at Genesis Women's Shelter & Support are confidential and no cost. Through every effort we put forth we work to end the epidemic of domestic violence by raising awareness against its cause, prevalence and impact.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are made
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
Your responsibilities are:
The Thrift Store Clerk provides assistance to customers, prices goods, and processes merchandise in the donation center (indoor and outdoor), stocks shelves and maintains the organization and cleanliness of the store. Drives the store truck to pick up or drop off donations.
- Accept donations graciously and provides donors with tax receipts
- Support unloading donations from donor’s vehicle and placing on to the dock or backroom
- May assist with hauling donations to the storage area or picking up
- Loads and unloads truck performing lifting of heavy objects on a regular basis.
- Distribution of all stock to the appropriate team member to be sorted, hung, and priced for the retail sales floor
- Provide support to the Thrift Store Manager with the accepting, processing and sale of donated items.
- Cleans all display racks and shelves; sweeps and mops floors; cleans windows and mirrors; ensures that the store is
- maintained in a clean and inviting manner.
- Follows open and close procedures and processes for the Thrift Shop.
- Runs the cash register, including balancing cash with receipts at end of day.
- Participate in training as recommended by supervisor.
- Attend supervision, program, and agency staff meetings as assigned.
Skills / Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Understanding of basic retail principles and good math skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function as a part of a team and work in collaboration with others.
- Ability to provide culturally competent services and work with diverse staff and clientele in an empathetic and non-judgmental manner.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to email@example.com