THERE ARE MULTIPLE OPEN THERAPIST POSITIONS ENGLISH-SPEAKING AND BILINGUAL (SPANISH-SPEAKING).
The Women’s and Children’s Therapist at Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support will provide individual and group therapy to women and children who have been or are living in homes with domestic violence. This position is responsible for assessment and evaluation to aid and determine treatment goals, as well as providing crisis intervention and long-term counseling in remediation of family violence.
The Women’s and Children’s Therapist will work as a member of a treatment team in advocating for clients affected by domestic violence. This position also includes providing parent education regarding services, parenting, and domestic violence education. Experience with Play Therapy, EMDR, TF-CBT, and other trauma-informed therapies is preferred. In addition to clinical duties, Genesis therapists also have the opportunity to facilitate speaking engagements in the community and assist in agency events.
Skills / Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field is required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required for Bilingual positions
- Licensed in related field by State of Texas (LMSW, LCSW, LPC-A, LPC, LMFT-A, or LMFT)
- Experience with Play Therapy, Attachment, EMDR, CPT, TF-CBT, and other trauma-informed therapies is preferred.
- High energy levels, self-motivated, results oriented, and excellent people and communication skills
- Experience working with children and/or experience leading therapeutic groups strongly preferred.
Benefits / Incentives:
- Opportunities for professional growth through multiple free on-site CEUs and trainings each year
- Opportunity to work with experts in the field of domestic violence
- Ability to contribute as a thought leader in the community and DV movement
- Clinical creativity encouraged in a trauma-informed environment
- Vacation, personal time off, and a day off for your birthday
- Free on-site licensing supervision for LMSWs and LPC-Associates
Qualified individuals should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.