Women and Children's Therapist
There are four open positions; two English-speaking position and two Spanish-speaking/bilingual positions. Additionally, there is one part-time (20 hours) counseling position available which requires a fully-licensed candidate.
Supervisor: Director of Clinical and Professional Services
Hours: Three days will be 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and two days will be 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The Women’s and Children’s Therapist at Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support (Outreach location) will provide individual and group therapy to women and children who have been or are living in homes with domestic violence. This position is responsible for assessment and evaluation to aid and determine treatment goals, as well as providing crisis intervention and long-term counseling in remediation of family violence. The Women’s and Children’s Therapist will work as a member of a treatment team in advocating for clients affected by domestic violence. This position also includes providing parent education regarding services, parenting, and domestic violence education. Experience with Play Therapy, EMDR, TF-CBT, and other trauma-informed therapies is preferred. In addition to clinical duties, Genesis therapists facilitate speaking engagements in the community and assist in agency events and fundraisers.
- A Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field is required
- Candidate should be licensed in related field in Texas
- On-site individual and group supervision is provided
- Speaks Fluent Spanish (for bilingual positions)
- Have high energy levels, self-motivated, results oriented, and have excellent people and communication skills
Qualified individuals should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.