Position: Special Events Manager
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Fund & Community Development
The Special Events Manager will plan and manage a group of successful fundraising events and other activities for Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support to contribute to the annual fundraising goals of the agency and further the mission of the organization. He/she will be expected to work enthusiastically and energetically with the Fund Development team to raise funds necessary to provide safety, shelter and support for women who have experienced domestic violence, and to raise awareness regarding its cause, prevalence and impact.
Areas of Responsibility:
Not only will the Special Events Manager assist with the planning and execution of each event detail, they will be responsible for a large portion of this fundraising process, including but not limited to:
- Soliciting donations via formal letter writing
- Requesting in-kind donations from event industry vendors
- Working closely with supporters of Genesis to plan such events
- Maintaining a grateful, professional demeanor at all times with team members, staff, event professionals and volunteers
- Working with all event financials including budgeting, expense tracking, and post-event reporting
- Event follow-up with consistent donor/volunteer appreciation
- Becoming knowledgeable of the issue, developing a comfort for sharing this knowledge with potential supporters and donors at any given time
- Assisting the Sr. Director of Fund & Community Development with additional projects events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years minimum experience in event coordination/management
- Ability to create and execute events from start to finish
- Familiarity with event design language and concepts
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector and/or working with volunteers is desired
- Strong skills with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with a donor database. Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Professional communication skills of all types are essential: telephone, event/social, email and formal letter writing.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team with a supervisor, senior staff, Board members, donors and supporters is vital.
- Strong organizational and detail management skills. Comfortable working on multiple projects while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Commitment to excellence and a strong sense of mission.
- Availability to travel locally for events/meetings on occasional weekends and evenings is required. Must have his/her own vehicle for transportation. Mileage to be reimbursed.
- A minor degree of physical labor is required for setup and breakdown of most events, such as lifting boxes, arranging tables, etc.
Qualified individuals please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.