Job Title: Special Events Manager
Program: Fund Development
Schedule: Mon – Fri
Supervisor: Director of Events & Communication
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Special Events Manager will plan and manage a group of successful fundraising events and other activities for Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support to contribute to the annual fundraising goals of the agency and further the mission of the organization. Special Events Manager will be expected to work enthusiastically and energetically with the Fund Development team to raise funds necessary to provide safety, shelter and support for women who have experienced domestic violence, and to raise awareness regarding its cause, prevalence and impact.
- Responsible for a large portion of this fundraising process
- Soliciting donations via formal letter writing
- Requesting in-kind donations from event industry vendors
- Working closely with supporters of Genesis to plan such events
- Maintaining a grateful, professional demeanor at all times with team members, staff, event professionals and volunteers
- Working with all event financials including budgeting, expense tracking, and post-event reporting
- Event follow-up with consistent donor/volunteer appreciation
- Oversight of any physical events including assisting with setup and breakdown
- Travel locally for events/meetings on occasional weekends and evenings or as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years minimum experience in event coordination/management
- Ability to create and execute events from start to finish
- Familiarity with event design language and concepts
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector and/or working with volunteers is desired
- Strong skills with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with a donor database. Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Professional communication skills of all types are essential: telephone, event/social, email and formal letter writing.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team with a supervisor, senior staff, Board members, donors and supporters is vital.
- Strong organizational and detail management skills. Comfortable working on multiple projects while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Required a source of transportation
- Ability to do physical labor (setup and breakdown of most events, such as lifting boxes, arranging tables, etc.)
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.