Job Title: Residential Specialist
Program: Residential Services
Schedule: Monday – Friday 3PM – 11PM
Supervisor: Director of Residential Services
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
Your responsibilities are:
The Residential Specialist supports the campus and all clients who reside onsite. The Residential Specialist will assist with food service, campus care and cleanliness. Other duties will include completing make-readies (the process of preparing living areas for clients), coordination of donations and general supply management (inventory).
- Perform crisis intervention and take appropriate action, including new client intake and exit procedures
- Provide problem solving, safety planning, education, advocacy and referrals to current clients as appropriate
- Participate in all aspects of food and beverage services on campus (preparing meals, setting out meals, serving meals, and clean up).
- Prepare, clean, and make ready rooms and apartments for incoming or transitioning clients
- Provide general support to clients in accessing basic needs items and navigating communal living
- Participate in the care of the overall campus including environmental services, trash collection and disposal, meal prep & service, inventory management, and general care of all spaces
- Assist in overall office administration and maintenance, including data tracking & collection, supply ordering, picking up and distribution of donations or purchases, coordinating maintenance and upkeep of agency equipment and spaces
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client services
- Work directly with other agency staff, vendors, volunteers and donors for the purposes of coordinating needs and services of residential clients
- Assists with any other projects/tasks as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED or higher
- Experience in social services atmosphere; customer service or client facing environment
- Strong ability to multi-task and make critical decisions without a supervisor present
- Must be able to demonstrate empathy and sensitivity to all clients
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to manage high stress situations
- Ability to manage time and complete multiple activities within a timeframe
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook, cloud-based storage systems, and file management software is preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.