Early Childhood Teacher
Supervisor: Director of Education
Hours: 8:00-4:00 M-F
The Early Childhood Teacher at Genesis Women’s Shelter and Support will develop and implement an early childhood program for children in preschool and primary grades who come from homes affected by domestic violence. The early childhood program will be developmentally appropriate and incorporate varied learning opportunities that promote the social, emotional, physical, and academic growth of students. The teacher maintains a classroom that is safe, organized, and visually engaging where students are encouraged to interact and develop independence. The teacher will broadly assess each child and report relevant information to and work with the student’s support team in provision of services. This position requires regular communication with students’ mothers about all aspects of their children’s education as well as parent training and education as appropriate. The teacher will also fulfill administrative duties and assist in other ways with the daily operation of the early childhood program, school, and GWSS including providing crisis intervention as necessary.
- College degree with coursework in early childhood development, preference given to certified teachers, licensed therapists, or those with experience teaching in a preschool or primary grades setting
- Maintenance of skills, knowledge, and applicable credentials by participating in professional development
- Ability to routinely lift children (up to 35 pounds), move furniture in an early childhood classroom, and sustain long hours of work, mostly on your feet
- Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, and sit on the floor to engage with students
- Must pass a criminal background check
Qualified individuals should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.