(Bilingual) Outreach Client Advocate
Director of Advocacy & Education
Monday - Friday, three days 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; two nights 1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
To support victims of domestic violence through the provision of trauma informed advocacy and case management services. The Outreach Advocate is committed to promoting the safety and empowerment of their clients and will offer individual and group case management/advocacy services along with crisis intervention, accompaniment, and information and referrals.
- Assist in identifying needs of clients and giving appropriate referrals and resources to fit their needs.
- Perform on-site crisis intervention and help clients and callers develop safety plan
- Establish referral relationships with other social service agencies and attend community coalition meetings.
- Complete client intakes, family background information, and set individual goals both short and long term.
- Maintain accurate file records in electronic filing system Titanium Schedule
- Serve as an advocate for clients in obtaining community resources such writing letters on behalf of clients, and coordinating assistance for clients with other service providers, such as meetings with housing programs, medical appointments, legal service coordination.
- Accompany client to court and other necessary appointments
- Attend training as necessary to maintain accurate and adequate knowledge in the field of domestic violence.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client services and case notes in compliance with agency guidelines.
- Attend mandatory meetings:
- Supervision with Director of Advocacy & Education – Bi-monthly
- Staffing will employees
- Support team with other employees
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Comparable experience will be considered.
- Related experience to include crisis intervention, casework services, counseling, advocacy and coordination of services, preferably in area of domestic violence.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Demonstrates experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are made.
Qualified individuals should email their resume to email@example.com.