Job Title: Outreach Client Advocate
Program: Advocacy & Education
Hours: Mon-Fri (between) 9AM-8:30PM
Supervisor: Director of Advocacy and Education
Genesis Women's Shelter & Support provides safety, shelter and support for women who have experienced domestic violence and their children. All of the services at Genesis Women's Shelter & Support are confidential and no cost. Through every effort we put forth we work to end the epidemic of domestic violence by raising awareness against its cause, prevalence and impact.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Support a client centered operations with a mindset of care, compassion, and humility.
- Be aware of Client/Student(s) special circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems…etc…)
- At times require you to be resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrates experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willingness attitude to help
- Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a warm and welcoming, safe space for the families we serve.
- Independently manage time with little supervision
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve with compassion and humility.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are made
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
Your responsibilities are:
The Outreach Client Advocate will support victims of domestic violence through the provision of trauma informed advocacy and case management services. The Advocate is committed to promoting the safety and empowerment of their clients and will offer individual and group case management/advocacy services along with crisis intervention, accompaniment, and information and referrals.
- Assist in identifying needs of clients and giving appropriate referrals and resources to fit their needs.
- Perform on-site crisis intervention and help clients and callers develop safety plan
- Establish referral relationships with other social service agencies and attend community coalition meetings.
- Complete client intakes, family background information, and set individual goals both short and long term.
- Maintain accurate file records in electronic filing system Titanium Schedule
- Serve as an advocate for clients in obtaining community resources such writing letters on behalf of clients, and coordinating assistance for clients with other service providers, such as meetings with housing programs, medical appointments, legal service coordination.
- Accompany client to court and other necessary appointments
- Attend training as necessary to maintain accurate and adequate knowledge in the field of domestic violence.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client services and case notes in compliance with agency guidelines.
- Attend mandatory meetings:
- Supervision with Director of Advocacy & Education – Bi-monthly
- Staffing will employees
- Support team with other employees
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Comparable experience will be considered
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Related experience to include crisis intervention, casework services, counseling, advocacy and coordination of services, preferably in area of domestic violence.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Must consent and pass a Criminal Background check
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.