Position is full-time. Must be able to work Saturday and Sundays.
Position is instrumental in the feeding of our clients and providing residential services to the shelter and transitional living clients. Professional cooking experience is not required but candidates may be required to prepare a meal based on provided main ingredients, build a shopping list, serve the meal, and handle cleanup.
- Operate from a client centered mindset and make decisions with care, compassion, and humility.
- Are resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely and efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Are excellent communicators and team members with an attitude of willingness to help and learn at all times.
- Are resilient with an ability to recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Can meet all requirements of the multi-step interview process and background check.
Be able to perform kitchen and house management duties including but not limited to:
- Be able to lift 25 pounds and stand or walk for 4-6 hours at a time
- Have valid Texas Driver’s License
- Handle a wide variety of task on any given day; including cleaning, cooking, and task management
- Prepare and serve meals for 15-50 people
- Assist with weekly menu creation
- Follow all health and safety standards
- Become Food Handlers Certified
- Take on daily and special cleaning projects
- Assist with inventory and ordering management
- Perform make-ready on client rooms including cleaning, changing linens, filling inventory items for client living spaces.
- Provide a warm and welcoming, safe space for the families we serve.
- Able to multitask and time manage without a supervisor present.
- Able to handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve with compassion and humility.
- Able to work holidays and have a flexible schedule at busier times of the year.
- Complete all job responsibilities with a passion for service to our clients.
Qualified individuals should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.