WOMEN AND CHILDREN'S THERAPIST
Job Title: Women's and Children's Therapist
Location: Non-Residential Outreach
Program: Clinical Services
Schedule: Three days will be 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and two days will be 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Clinical and Non-Residential Services
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Support a client-centered operation with a mindset of care, compassion, and humility.
- Be aware of Client(s) particular circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- At times require you to be resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help
- Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a warm and welcoming, safe space for the families we serve.
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve with compassion and humility.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are determined.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
Your responsibilities are:
The Women’s and Children’s Therapist at Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support will provide individual and group therapy to women and children who have been or are living in homes with domestic violence. This position is responsible for assessment and evaluation to aid and determine treatment goals, as well as providing crisis intervention and long-term counseling in remediation of family violence.
The Women’s and Children’s Therapist will work as a member of a treatment team in advocating for clients affected by domestic violence. This position also includes providing parent education regarding services, parenting, and domestic violence education. Experience with Play Therapy, EMDR, TF-CBT, and other trauma-informed therapies is preferred. In addition to clinical duties, Genesis therapists also have the opportunity to facilitate speaking engagements in the community and assist in agency events.
Skills / Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field is required
- Licensed in related field by State of Texas (LMSW, LCSW, LPC-A, LPC, LMFT-A, or LMFT)
- Experience with Play Therapy, Attachment, EMDR, CPT, TF-CBT, and other trauma-informed therapies is preferred.
- High energy levels, self-motivated, results oriented, and excellent people and communication skills
- Experience working with children and/or experience leading therapeutic groups strongly preferred.
Benefits / Incentives:
- Opportunities for professional growth through multiple free on-site CEUs and trainings each year
- Opportunity to work with experts in the field of domestic violence
- Ability to contribute as a thought leader in the community and DV movement
- Clinical creativity encouraged in a trauma-informed environment
- Vacation, personal time off, and a day off for your birthday
- Free on-site licensing supervision for LMSWs and LPC-Associates
Qualified individuals should email their resume to email@example.com.