Job Title: In-Kind Coordinator
Program: Fund Development
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Fund Development
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Support a client-centered operation with a mindset of care, compassion, and humility.
- Be aware of Client(s) particular circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- At times require you to be resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help
- Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a warm and welcoming, safe space for the families we serve.
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve with compassion and humility.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are determined.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
Your responsibilities are:
The In-Kind Donations Coordinator will work closely with the Volunteer Manager to solicit and distribute all in-kind donations throughout multiple departments within Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support to ensure all gifts are utilized in the best, most efficient manner to support clients and fulfill their needs. He/she will be expected to work enthusiastically and energetically with the Fund Development team to raise funds necessary to provide safety, shelter and support for women and children who have experienced domestic violence, and to raise awareness regarding its cause, prevalence and impact.
- Assist with the solicitation and general management of all in-kind donations
- Soliciting donations from corporations, foundations and community partners
- Distributing such donations throughout the agency as needed, based on the needs of our clients
- Coordinating pick-up and drop-off times for in-kind donations
- Communicating professionally and clearly with donors to explain needs and requirements regarding the donation process
- Working closely with supporters of Genesis to ensure donations are accepted and utilized per preference of donor in conjunction with needs of the agency
- Following up with consistent donor and volunteer appreciation
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector is preferred
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (donor software), preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter with little to no on-site supervision
- Ability to communicate proficiently, both verbal and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment meeting various deadlines
- Availability to travel locally for events/meetings on occasional weekends and evenings is required. Must have his/her own vehicle for transportation. Mileage to be reimbursed.
- A moderate degree of physical labor is required for distributing donations such as lifting boxes and climbing stairs.