Position: In-Kind Donations Coordinator
Department Supervisor: Sr. Director of Fund & Community Development
Direct Supervisor: Volunteer Manager
Department: Fund Development
The In-Kind Donations Coordinator will work closely with the Volunteer Manager to solicit and distribute all in-kind donations throughout multiple departments within Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support to ensure all gifts are utilized in the best, most efficient manner to support clients and fulfill their needs. He/she will be expected to work enthusiastically and energetically with the Fund Development team to raise funds necessary to provide safety, shelter and support for women and children who have experienced domestic violence, and to raise awareness regarding its cause, prevalence and impact.
Areas of Responsibility:
Not only will the In-Kind Donations Coordinator assist with the solicitation and general management of all in-kind donations, they will be responsible for the following tasks, including but not limited to:
- Soliciting donations from corporations, foundations and community partners
- Distributing such donations throughout the agency as needed, based on the needs of our clients
- Coordinating pick-up and drop-off times for in-kind donations
- Communicating professionally and clearly with donors to explain needs and requirements regarding the donation process
- Working closely with supporters of Genesis to ensure donations are accepted and utilized per preference of donor in conjunction with needs of the agency
- Maintaining a grateful, professional demeanor at all times with team members, staff, volunteers and community partners
- Following up with consistent donor and volunteer appreciation
- Becoming knowledgeable of the issue of domestic violence, developing a comfort for sharing this knowledge with potential supporters and donors at any given time
- Assisting the Sr. Director of Fund & Community Development and Fund Development team with additional projects and events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector is preferred
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with a donor database such as Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Professional communication skills of all types are essential: telephone, social, email and formal letter writing.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a team with a supervisor, senior staff, Board members, donors and supporters is vital.
- Strong organizational and detail management skills. Comfortable working on multiple projects while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Commitment to excellence and a strong sense of mission.
- Availability to travel locally for events/meetings on occasional weekends and evenings is required. Must have his/her own vehicle for transportation. Mileage to be reimbursed.
- A moderate degree of physical labor is required for distributing donations such as lifting boxes and climbing stairs.
Qualified individuals please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.