Job Title: In-Kind Coordinator
Program: Fund Development
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm
Supervisor: Philanthropy Manager
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The In-Kind Donations Coordinator will work closely with the Volunteer Manager to solicit and distribute all in-kind donations throughout multiple departments within Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support to ensure all gifts are utilized in the best, most efficient manner to support clients and fulfill their needs. He/she will be expected to work enthusiastically and energetically with the Fund Development team to raise funds necessary to provide safety, shelter and support for women and children who have experienced domestic violence, and to raise awareness regarding its cause, prevalence and impact.
- Assist with the solicitation and general management of all in-kind donations
- Soliciting donations from corporations, foundations and community partners
- Distributing such donations throughout the agency as needed, based on the needs of our clients
- Coordinating pick-up and drop-off times for in-kind donations
- Communicating professionally and clearly with donors to explain needs and requirements regarding the donation process
- Working closely with supporters of Genesis to ensure donations are accepted and utilized per preference of donor in conjunction with needs of the agency
- Following up with consistent donor and volunteer appreciation
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in the non-profit sector is preferred
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (donor software), preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter with little to no on-site supervision
- Ability to communicate proficiently, both verbal and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment meeting various deadlines
- Availability to travel locally for events/meetings on occasional weekends and evenings is required. Must have his/her own vehicle for transportation. Mileage to be reimbursed.
- A moderate degree of physical labor is required for distributing donations such as lifting boxes and climbing stairs.