Job Title: Graphic Design Manager
Program: Fund Development
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm
Supervisor: Director of Communications
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Graphic Designer Manager will create unique pieces to help raise funds, create awareness, and streamline services for our clients. The Graphic Designer Manager will need to collaborate with many different teams and bring their unique visions to life and possess the ability to collaborate with multiple copywriters and make edits in a timely fashion with capacity to inhabit multiple design styles and creatively innovate. The Graphic Designer may need to step outside of the design role and support other members of the fund development team occasionally working outside of traditional office hours.
- Collaborate with team members to create visually appealing on-brand administrative collateral, including various swag items, business cards, letterhead, envelopes, folders, email signatures, long-form newsletters, flyers etc.
- Design assorted digital pieces for use on social media platforms and the Genesis website
- Work closely with Director of Events to create unique design suites for annual special events. Design suites are applied across various formats (both digital and print) to promote events and decorate venues. (i.e. of these pieces include save-the-dates, invitations, envelopes, donor contracts, letterhead, event signage, menus, etc.)
- Occasionally assist with basic on-going website maintenance and updates
- Manage relationships with print vendors to ensure quality products and prompt order processing
- Keep all items and print materials organized and up-to-date with agency changes
- Distribute print materials to correct department upon receipt from print vendor
- Inventory collateral, swag, mailing supplies and other print items regularly to maintain adequate supplies at all times
- Assisting with basic video and audio editing as needed
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Two - four years’ experience with in-house design experience on collateral materials to assist with marketing organization
- Experience with print and digital design parameters.
- Knowledge and strong commend of the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Knowledge of video and audio editing, a plus
- Ability to create two-dimensional animation, a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment