Job Title: Graphic Designer
Program: Fund Development
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Supervisor: Director of Strategic Communications
This position is available as a hybrid between in-office and working remotely.
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a nonprofit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years, Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, ongoing counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Support a client-centered operation with a mindset of care, compassion, and humility.
- Be aware of Client(s) particular circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- At times require you to be resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help
- Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a warm and welcoming, safe space for the families we serve.
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve with compassion and humility.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are determined.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
Your responsibilities are:
The Graphic Designer will create unique pieces to help raise funds, create awareness, and streamline services for our clients. The Graphic Designer will need to collaborate with many different teams and bring their unique visions to life. The Graphic Designer must possess the ability to collaborate with multiple copywriters and make edits in a timely fashion with capacity to inhabit multiple design styles and creatively innovate. The Graphic Designer may need to step outside of the design role and support other members of the fund development team occasionally working outside of traditional office hours.
- Create visually appealing on-brand administrative collateral, including various swag items, business cards, letterhead, envelopes, folders, email signatures, etc.
- Collaborate with team members to design effective educational material, such as tri-fold brochures, info cards, one page flyers, semi-annual long-form newsletters, etc. for various Genesis programs
- Design assorted digital pieces for use on social media platforms, the Genesis website, third-party websites, etc.
- Work closely with Special Events Manager to create unique design suites for annual special events. Design suites are applied across various formats (both digital and print) to promote events and decorate venues. (i.e. of these pieces include save-the-dates, invitations, envelopes, donor contracts, letterhead, event signage, menus, etc.)
- Create various pieces (both print and digital) for annual Conference on Crimes Against Women. Including but not limited to save-the-dates, preliminary brochures, event signage, conference programs, etc.
- Responsible for basic on-going website maintenance
- Interface with print vendors to ensure quality products and prompt order processing
- Assisting with basic video and audio editing as needed
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Experience with print and digital design parameters.
- Knowledge and strong command of the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Knowledge of video and audio editing, a plus
- Ability to create two-dimensional animation, a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter with little to no on-site supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment