Job Title: Fund Management Assistant
Program: Fund Development
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Supervisor: Director of Fund Management
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Support a client-centered operation with a mindset of care, compassion, and humility.
- Be aware of Client(s) particular circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- At times require you to be resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help
- Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a warm and welcoming, safe space for the families we serve.
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve with compassion and humility.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are determined.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
Your responsibilities are:
The Fund Management Assistant will help to ensure the financial sustainability of the agency by supporting efforts to steward donors and grow fundraising potential. The assistant will also help to influence a societal paradigm shift regarding domestic violence by using program data and client stories to strengthen relationships in our community and within the agency.
- Assist with the accurate and timely data entry of all contributions
- Assist with financial processes including preparing financial reports, event financials and tracking development-related expenses
- Help prepare donor solicitation mailing lists and ensure all edits for mailing lists are accurate including spelling and formatting; make corresponding updates in Raiser’s Edge (donor software); and assist with the health of database.
- Responsibility for printing event underwriting letters and coordinating the assistance of team members to complete folding and stuffing
- Gather, process and scan donor paper payments (checks) for a weekly deposit
- Grant approval for JustGiving batches of peer-to-peer fundraising donations in Raiser’s Edge (donor software)
- Enter all monetary donation gifts in Raiser’s Edge (donor software) from Giving Day and any other third party fundraising platforms
- Help with donor appreciation process, ensuring that donors are thanked on time and in an appropriate manner
- Responsible for the fulfillment of annual Christmas card orders
- Assist with assigned event assignments (i.e. make seating chart, track guest name submissions)
- Complete large data entry projects in Raiser’s Edge (donor software) as assigned
- Utilize Clinical team’s client dashboard to pull data as needed for grants
- Utilize Penelope (client services database) to run reports and gather data as needed for grants and other departmental needs
- Act as liaison between the Fun Development team and the Client Services Team to communicate reporting needs and reporting numbers
- Work with Client Services Senior Directors (Legal, Residential, and Clinical) in developing quality control protocols and reports for Penelope
- Work with Client Services Senior Directors (Legal, Residential, and Clinical) regarding program evaluation assessments and measures
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Experience in accounting / non-profit financials, a plus
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter with little to no on-site supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook