Job Title: Executive Assistant
Schedule: Mon – Fri (Exempt)
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Executive Assistant will provide professional support to CEO with a proactive approach of considering that task from yesterday, today and tomorrow are successfully executed. The Executive Assistant will serve as a back-up primary contact and liaison on behalf of the CEO with internal and external contacts. Working closely with the Senior leadership team and the CEO, the Executive Assistant is a key administrative position providing comprehensive administrative support, coordination, and project management. The Executive Assistant will take the responsibility of all board functions.
- Assist the CEO with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents.
- Schedules and attends meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Communicates with the general staff on the President/CEO’s behalf and coordinates logistics with high-level meetings both internally and externally. Coordinates meetings and strategic activities with the Senior
- Leadership Team.
- Coordinates the preparation, research, material gathering and packing for meetings, speaking engagement and travel for the CEO
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the President/CEO with Board members, donors, and others on matters related to programmatic initiatives as directed.
- Serves as the administrator for the Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support Board. Manages Board activities, which include coordinating Board meetings; Board staff lunches/receptions; oversight of the Board portal and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board meeting materials. Ensuring that the Board meeting environment is arranged including set up and take down).
- Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of senior staff, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Manage complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative
- Coordinate and provide administrative support on highly complex and confidential material
- Provide support for Staff and Community at meetings, events and fundraisers
- Assist constituents, volunteers, and board of directors as needed
- Assist with the development, implementation and administration of office systems and procedures
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to Four years supporting a senior level executive preferably in a non-profit setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as with a wide variety of individuals and organizations while managing a heavy task load
- Experience with applications like Prezi and Canva and a donor database system like Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Spanish speaking a plus
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.