Hours: Monday through Thursday, 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Direct Service Responsibilities:
- Provide nurturing, compassionate, educational and supportive care to children in the playroom
- Help to ensure the children’s daily needs are met while in care such as feeding, diapering, assessing health needs, emotional support and play
- Serve as an advocate to all children who enter the program by assessing their physical, social and mental needs.
- Plan and facilitate activities for children of all ages (primarily babies, toddlers and pre-school age children)
- Communicate verbally and written with both staff and the mom’s about the progress of the children
- Cooperate and work as a team member with children’s department staff to ensure the best possible outcomes for the children in the program
- Carry out other necessary duties at the shelter and Annie’s House as needed when the number of children is low
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the playroom and ensure it is stocked appropriately at all times
- Ensure the playroom setting is warm, comfortable and inviting for the families. Keep up with seasonal décor and ensure the setting is visually appealing and stimulating for the children
- Make recommendations on improving and strengthening the children’s program to better meet the needs of the clients.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Child and Adolescent Program.
- Attend training as necessary to maintain accurate and adequate knowledge in the field of childcare and domestic violence
- Attend supervision with immediate supervisor bi-weekly
- Develop knowledgeable overview of agency’s operation and various programs-and how they work together.
Fundamental Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Related experience preferred to include work with children in a daycare or other related setting. Some knowledge of domestic violence is preferred but not required
- Bilingual-Spanish and English preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or High School Equivalency
- Demonstrates experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are made.
- Ability to function as a team player
- CPR Certification/First Aid strongly preferred
- Ability to routinely lift children, move furniture in an early childhood classroom and sustain long hours of active work
Qualified individuals should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.