JOB TITLE: Director of Human Resources
SUPERVISED BY: CEO, Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support / ED, Austin Street Center
Position Summary: Shelter Ministries of Dallas (Shelter Ministries) is a 501(c)(3) organization which operates two shelters, Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support (Genesis) and Austin Street Center (Austin Street) with a collective goal of sheltering, healing, and transforming the lives of Dallas’ most vulnerable populations, the homeless and victims of domestic violence. Under the supervision of the Genesis CEO and the Austin Street Executive Director, this full-time position will provide essential human resource functions Shelter Ministries wide. The Director of Human Resources will work closely with the senior leadership teams at both agencies to create and implement effective short and long-term strategies, policies, and procedures ensuring collective and individualized objectives are met. The Director of Human Resources will be required to travel locally, between Shelter Ministries agencies and may office at multiple locations. Shelter Ministries of Dallas offers a competitive salary based on experience, benefits, 403b, paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- MANAGE ALL ESSENTIAL HR FUNCTIONS FOR A COMBINED STAFF OF 150+
- CONTRIBUTE TO A CULTURE THAT PROVIDES A HEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT, IS TEAM-ORIENTED AND STRIVES FOR PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE
- WORK CLOSELY WITH GENESIS AND AUSTIN STREET LEADERSHIP AND HIRING DIRECTORS TO CREATE HIGHLY QUALIFIED AND DIVERSE TEAMS
- WRITE JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND MANAGE RECRUITMENT TO INCLUDE CAREER FAIRS, PRESENTATIONS, SOCIAL EVENTS AND INTERVIEWS.
- CONDUCT PHONE SCREENINGS AND ASSIST WITH INDIVIDUAL AND PANEL INTERVIEWS
- CONDUCT REFERENCE CHECKS
- MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR HIRE
- ONBOARD NEW EMPLOYEES (PAPERWORK & TRAINING)
- MAINTAIN PERSONNEL FILES FOR GENESIS AND AUSTIN STREET
- ENSURE TIMELY COMPLETION OF PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS AND MERIT INCREASES
- ASSIST WITH PERFORMANCE PLANS AS NEEDED
- ENSURE ACCURATE AND TIMELY COMPLETION OF TERMINATION PAPERWORK
- CONDUCT EXIT INTERVIEWS
- MAINTAIN ACCURATE REPORTING OF AGENCY TURNOVER
- MANAGE AND OVERSEE FMLA LEAVE REQUESTS
- ORGANIZE, CREATE, AND IMPLEMENT STAFF TRAINING(S)
- MAINTAIN PERSONNEL MANUAL, MAKING RECOMMENDATIONS AND DRAFT CHANGES AS NEEDED
- WORK CLOSELY WITH GENESIS CEO, AUSTIN STREET ED AND SHELTER MINISTRIES ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT TO MANAGE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- ASSIST WITH THE DEVELOPMENT, IMPLEMENTATION AND ADMINISTRATION OF OFFICE SYSTEMS AND PROCEDURES AS RELATED TO HR FUNCTIONS
- ACT AS THE LIAISON BETWEEN SHELTER MINISTRIES AGENCIES AND TEXAS WORKFORCE COMMISSION PROVIDING ALL DOCUMENTATION AS REQUESTED AND ADVOCATING ON BEHALF OF THE AGENCIES IN MATTERS OF UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIMS
- CONSULT WITH MANAGEMENT ON EMPLOYEE RELATIONS ISSUES IF NEEDED
- SUPPORT THE MISSION, VISION, AND VALUES OF BOTH AGENCIES
- IN THIS AND ANY POSITION AT SHELTER MINISTRIES IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PREDICT THE MANY REQUESTS AND ASSIGNMENTS THAT CAN AND WILL BE MADE OF AN EMPLOYEE. FLEXIBILITY AND A COOPERATIVE SPIRIT ARE CRUCIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PERSON IN THIS ROLE.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an HR related position and possess a bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Human Resources, Business or related field. Must be proficient in project management, process development, organizational skills and be familiar with HR laws & practices. Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook. Must be proficient in verbal and written communication and possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment. Ability to work independently as well as with a wide variety of individuals and organizations. Must be comfortable with public speaking and developing and conducting trainings.
Qualified individuals should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.