Director of Hotline
Job Title: Director of Hotline
Program: Residential Program
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm / 1pm to 9pm
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Residential Services
The Director of Hotline coordinates all facets of Hotline and oversees implementation of routine day-to-day operations of Hotline. The Director of Hotline provides direct supervision to all Hotline Specialists to ensure operational guidelines are followed and is responsible for scheduling consistent staffing coverage. The Hotline Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining accurate resources for clients.
- Overall administration and oversight of Genesis 24-hour Hotline, which includes phone calls and text messages
- Serve as an active participant of the Client Services Director Team
- Collaborate with other Directors effectively, efficiently, and professionally to ensure that client’s flow into program is trauma informed and supportive. Additionally, be able to assist in basic support of other teams as other Directors may need.
- Provide direct supervision to staff as appropriate, as well as assigning tasks and clarifying roles within the program.
- Coach, train, evaluate, and develop Hotline Specialists to assure clients are receiving trauma-informed services and referral in alignment with the principles of Genesis.
- Coach staff to ensure that training and professional development is regularly implemented and incorporated into tangible and measurable on-the-job efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and onboarding staff.
- Coordinate staff schedules, time off, on-call schedule, monitoring of client files, evaluation of data, data entry, and monitoring of administrative files.
- Assist in the answering and responding to of calls and texts as needed in support of the team.
- Be available to cover Hotline when staff take planned and unplanned time off.
- Provide crisis intervention and referrals to clients as needed.
- Engage staff in problem-solving challenges and barriers, and communicate results to program director
- Attend & participate in coalition, partnership, and community meetings, as needed.
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science, Social Work, Public Policy, or commensurate work experience required.
- At least one-year supervisory experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to be an efficient problem-solver.
- Be proactive and a self-starter.
- Multitask under pressure.
- Provide clear and direct communication throughout the organizational structure.
- Be open and flexible to ever-changing responsibilities.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.