Director of Advocacy and Education
Job Title: Director of Advocacy and Education
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9 AM – 5 PM
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Residential Services
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Director of Advocacy and Education will coordinate, develop, and oversee the advocacy department for Genesis. The Director of Advocacy and Education is responsible for the supervision of both Residential and Non-Residential Advocates.
- Responsible to build a robust advocacy response to all survivors seeking services at Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support.
- Responsible for training and supervision of Advocates at all locations Non-Residential and Residential to ensure client needs are met and that staff have the tools needed to interact with clients skillfully, effectively and with a trauma informed response.
- Responsible to develop an advocacy intern program by recruiting, training and supervising graduate level social work interns.
- Support and enhance relationships with police, prosecutor, other agencies and other emergency and crisis responders to promote effective engagement in the coordinated community response.
- Oversee legal advocacy response working with staff attorney and training and supporting nonresidential advocates to provide legal advocacy and accompaniment. For clients who are not being represented by the Genesis Legal team.
- Oversee court accompaniment program including working with volunteer manager to recruit and train volunteers; act as a liaison between volunteers and clients; act as court accompaniment advocate as needed.
- Maintain updated referrals/ maintain relationship with referral agencies/source and establish healthy referral relationships with other social service agencies.
- Regularly attend community coalition meetings.
- Coordinate with all other Directors on the Client Services team to ensure coordinated, trauma informed, wrap around services are provided to all clients at all locations.
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Degree in Social Work, Professional Counseling or Marriage and Family therapy.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience and program management.
- Related experience to include crisis intervention, casework services, counseling, advocacy and coordination of services, preferably in area of domestic violence or victim’s services
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Office technology literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Cloud based storage systems, and file management software is strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.