Job Title: Data Migration Assistant
Location: Non Residential _ Outreach
Program: Clinical Services
Schedule: Mon – Fri (Part Time)
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Clinical and Non-Residential Services
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Support a client-centered operation with a mindset of care, compassion, and humility.
- Be aware of Client(s) particular circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- At times require you to be resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help
- Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a warm and welcoming, safe space for the families we serve.
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve with compassion and humility.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are determined.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
Your responsibilities are:
The Data Migration Assistant is responsible for typing information into two databases. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. Understanding of data confidentiality principles is essential. The company will rely on you for having accurate and updated data that are easily accessible through a digital database.
- Assist in transferring sensitive records from one database to another databases
- Coordinate changes to computer databases
- Develop and Implement a system to identity measures to safeguard computer databases
- Respond to database problems and escalations
- Provide trend analysis and reporting
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Previous experience in database administration or other related fields
- Computer software basics skills and fast typing skills are required.
- Experience with relational databases, proficient in Adobe and Microsoft Windows
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 words per minute
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be motivated and a proactive individual.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills