Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Program: Fund Development
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Supervisor: Director of Strategic Communications
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
Your role will support the mission through the following actions:
- Support a client-centered operation with a mindset of care, compassion, and humility.
- Be aware of Client(s) particular circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- At times require you to be resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help
- Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a warm and welcoming, safe space for the families we serve.
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve with compassion and humility.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are determined.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
Your responsibilities are:
The Communications Coordinator will further all eternal communication efforts, including website management, earned media, and social/digital media. The main goal of the Communication Coordinator will be to increase brand awareness about both Genesis Women’s Shelter and domestic violence as a whole.
- Responsible for providing content for Genesis Women’s Blog including managing the blog content calendar, suggesting blog topics, ghostwriting blogs from the perspective of counselors or other subject matter experts, editing blogs, posting blogs to the website, etc.
- Generates the Genesis monthly e-newsletter content with consideration both to call-to-actions and nurturing/educational content.
- Distribute the Genesis monthly e-newsletter to staff, volunteers, donors and prospects.
- Responsible for creating, scheduling and posting social media content proactively, as well as responding reactively to comments and messages.
- Assist with handling inbound media requests; including creating media backgrounders to prepare CEO for interviews; sitting in on media interviews and working directly with reporters to coordinate requests.
- Proactively reach out to reporters to pitch story ideas for additional media coverage.
- Create press releases and media alerts ranging from events to organizational updates, including communicating with reporters in response to press releases and media advisories.
- Responsible to keep a pulse on the news to notice any industry disruptions or trends of note. Review news articles may result in social media posts, blog articles, opinion pieces, etc.
- Participate in creating integrated marketing fundraising campaigns, from concepting and strategy through execution; cross-pollinate content, social media, public relations, digital, etc. to best achieve desired results.
- Execute monthly reporting, including analyzing social media metrics, email marketing, website analytics, success of fundraising campaigns, etc.
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication or other related field preferred
- One to two years of experience in similar work setting
- Prior experience managing social media platforms
- Knowledge of AP writing style
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (donor software), MailChimp, WordPress strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter with little to no on-site supervision
- Ability to communicate proficiently, both verbal and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment meeting various deadlines
Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking here or submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.