Bilingual Residential Client Advocate
Supervisor: Director of Residential Services
Program: Annie’s House Transitional Living Program
Hours: 3 Weekdays 9:00am-5:00pm, 2 late evenings per week (1:00-9:00pm)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, or related field
- Fluent proficiency in Spanish-verbal & written
- Able to function independently, exercising sound judgment and an ability to shift priorities rapidly
- Ability to handle on-site crisis situations, and adapt to the changing needs of the clients & families we serve
- Ability to manage time and complete multiple activities within a time frame.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high stress situations.
- Ability to work as a team member, providing support and constructive feedback in interpersonal interaction
- Ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Ability to respond with empathy and support to victims in crisis situations and with sensitivity and awareness to diverse cultural, ethnic and social backgrounds, values, attitudes and languages.
- Master’s Degree in related field-Social Work, Sociology, Human Services etc.
- General knowledge of domestic violence and how trauma affects individuals
- At least 2 years of related experience to include crisis line work, case management services, advocacy and coordination of services, trauma informed services, preferable in the area of domestic violence or victim’s services
- Some knowledge of community resources and of philosophical and legal issues of domestic violence is preferred
- Understanding of an empowerment-based, client centered, and strengths perspective advocacy model of services
Client Service Duties:
- Conducts weekly advocacy meetings with clients. This position carries a caseload of approximately 10-15 adult clients at any one time.
- Completes intakes and new client move in procedures. Completes client exit procedures and apartment walk through.
- Assists in identifying client needs, and provides community resource & referral
- Provides ongoing assessment of client safety needs and concerns, and provides safety planning to clients throughout their stay in the program
- Plans and facilitates weekly psychoeducational groups for adult clients
- Provides crisis interventions as necessary to clients in the program
- Accompanies clients to court and other appointments on an as needed basis
- Conducts interviews with shelter clients applying for the Annie’s House Program
- Maintain accurate and timely documenting in client files in accordance with agency guidelines
- Assists the Director with the ongoing assessment and evaluation of the Annie’s House Program and services to ensure the best quality services are being provided.
- Assists the Director with the Annie’s House application, interviewing, and acceptance decision making process, and provides direct feedback and input on all clients potentially entering the program
- Assists with the administrative duties of the program to include: Helping process electric bills & payments, client savings and deposits, client mail distribution, etc.
- Attend in-house and community trainings to maintain adequate and ongoing knowledge in areas such as, but not limited to: domestic violence, trauma informed services, residential services, advocacy skills and community resources
- Attend mandatory meetings:
- Annie’s House Staffing-Bi-weekly
- Supervision with Director of Residential Services-Weekly
- Support Team meetings-As needed
Qualified individuals should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.