CCAW Communications Coordinator
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Schedule: Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Supervisor: CCAW Director of Communications and Development
The Conference on Crimes Against Women (CCAW) provides practical instruction, using current information, the newest ideas and most successful intervention strategies, to those professionals responsible for combating the many and varied forms of crimes against women. Partnering with the Dallas Police Department, the Conference is a program of Genesis Women’s Shelter and Support.
CCAW’s programming includes an annual conference that welcomes over 2,800 attendees from across the globe, year-round webinars, the Podcast on Crimes Against Women, and the Institute for Coordinated Community Response – focused on rural Texas communities.
Your responsibilities are:
The Communications Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of all strategic marketing and communication efforts including website management, earned media, social/digital media, and conference and training email marketing. The main goal of the Communications Coordinator, along with the Communications Team, will be to increase brand awareness about both Conference on Crimes Against Women and violence against women as a whole.
- Develop and implement all aspects of CCAW’s social media presence including creating, scheduling and posting social media content proactively, as well as responding reactively to comments and messages.
- Create and generates the CCAW monthly e-newsletter and ICCR’s bi-monthly newsletter’s content and design with consideration both to call-to-actions and nurturing/educational content.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of media relations surrounding the promotion of CCAW and ICCR including press releases and media alerts ranging from events to organizational updates.
- Responsible for keeping a pulse on the news to notice any industry disruptions or trends of note. Review news articles may result in social media posts, blog articles, opinion pieces, etc.
- Participate in creating integrated marketing fundraising campaigns, from conception and strategy through execution; cross-pollinate content, social media, public relations, digital, etc. to best achieve desired results.
- Execute monthly reporting, including analyzing social media metrics, email marketing, website analytics, success of fundraising campaigns, etc.
Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication or another related field preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in communications or design work
- Prior experience managing social media platforms
- Knowledge of AP writing style
- Experience with the Adobe suite and WordPress strongly preferred
- Graphic design skills and experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter with little to no on-site supervision
- Ability to communicate proficiently, both verbal and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment meeting various deadlines