Job Title: Bilingual Outreach Assistant
Schedule: Mon – Thur 12:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. and Fri 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Strategy & Operations
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Support a client-centered operation with a mindset of care, compassion, and humility.
- Be aware of Client(s) particular circumstances (e.g. health concerns, peak stress time, emotional difficulties, problems, etc.)
- At times require you to be resourceful and have the ability to make decisions in a timely efficient manner using the training and guidance you have been given.
- Recognize that diversity of culture, personality, and life experience are ingredients for a better world.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Communicate with Client(s) and team member(s) with a positive and willing attitude to help
- Flexibility to learn at all times and recover with poise and ease from setbacks.
- Understand and abide by the confidentiality standards of the organization.
- Ensure that all health and safety standards are followed and corrected when needed
- Provide a warm and welcoming, safe space for the families we serve.
- Independently manage time with little supervision.
- Ability to multitask, handle on-site crisis and adapt to the changing needs of the families we serve with compassion and humility.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are determined.
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, staff and community contacts and able to effectively address and resolve conflict as needed
- Commitment to a holistic approach to providing services, as well as to community-based solutions for addressing the root causes of violence and survivor needs
- Ability to work respectfully with diverse teams, build consensus, and motivate change
Your responsibilities are:
The Bilingual Outreach Office Assistant will provide evening support, reception services and evening oversight of administrative and office functions. The Bilingual Outreach Office Assistant is an integral position that serves as the first point of contact for all callers, clients reporting for in-person appointments, volunteers and visitors during the evening shift. Also, this position provides administrative support to all departments as needed.
- Serve as first point of contact for Outreach office
- Oversee and complete client check-ins (scheduled and walk-ins), answering multiple phone lines, providing updates to clinicians as their clients arrive and support office with admin needs
- Maintain the lobby, office, and general areas of the Outreach office ensuring they are clean, organized and sanitized
- Assist with accepting and gathering of donations. Ensuring they are appropriately stored.
- Responsible for providing management and guidance to any assigned on-site volunteers
- Ensure that the closing of the office is complete and the office is ready for business the next day.
- Ensure all reported maintenance or building concerns are documented and reported to manager/supervisor
- Assist with administrative projects as assigned
- Serves as a backup to the Administrative team in a time of need
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Must have excellent phone voice and demeanor that is pleasant in all situations
- Experience with a multi-line phone system
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter with little to no on-site supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook