Job Title: Bilingual Outreach Assistant
Schedule: Mon – Thur 12:30PM – 8:30PM and Fri 9AM – 5PM
Supervisor: Administrative Manager
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Bilingual Outreach Office Assistant provides administrative and clerical support, reception services and general assistance to Outreach staff. The Bilingual Outreach Office Assistant is an integral position that serves as the first point of contact for all callers, clients, volunteers and visitors. Additionally, the Bilingual Outreach Office Assistant will:
- Check in clients and visitors and notify appropriate staff of arrival.
- Answer multiple phone lines, provide callers with agency information, and direct callers to appropriate staff.
- Provide community resource referrals to callers and visitors.
- Maintain a professional and orderly lobby and front office.
- Coordinate the reservations of meeting rooms and direct visitors to their destination.
- Conduct regular floor rounds to maintain the cleanliness, organization, and sanitization of the office.
- Assist donors with in-kind donation drop off, coordinating with fund development team to inventory and store items as necessary.
- Document and report maintenance or building concerns to supervisor.
- Prepare conference spaces with the required materials and supplies for meetings, trainings and events.
- Assist Facilities staff with the set up and/or breakdown of meeting and training spaces as needed.
- Daily data entry of call information into agency database.
- Serve as an agency liaison with security staff.
Skills / Requirements:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Must have professional phone voice and demeanor that is pleasant in all situations
- Capable of working independently and using problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Physical requirements
- Ability to lift 25-50+lbs on a regular basis
- Continuous bending, lifting, and overhead movement