Job Title: Bilingual Outreach Assistant
Location: Outreach _ Lancaster
Supervisor: Sr. Director of Strategy & Operations
Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support is a non-profit agency providing a continuum of care for women and children who are victims of family violence. For thirty years Genesis has been providing safety, shelter, crisis intervention, on-going counseling and advocacy for women and children at both residential and non-residential locations. Genesis continues to be a community leader in providing training and education on issues surrounding intimate partner and gender-based violence.
The Bilingual Outreach Office Assistant will provide customer service support, reception services and oversight of administrative and office functions. The Bilingual Outreach Office Assistant is an integral position that serves as the first point of contact for all callers, clients reporting for in-person appointments, volunteers and visitors during the evening shift. Also, this position provides administrative support to all departments as needed.
Your role will support the mission thorough the following actions:
- Serve as first point of contact for Outreach office
- Oversee and complete client check-ins (scheduled and walk-ins), answering multiple phone lines, providing updates to clinicians as their clients arrive and support office with admin needs
- Maintain the lobby, office, and general areas of the Outreach office ensuring they are clean, organized and sanitized
- Assist with accepting and gathering of donations. Ensuring they are appropriately stored.
- Responsible for providing management and guidance to any assigned on-site volunteers
- Ensure that the closing of the office is complete and the office is ready for business the next day.
- Ensure all reported maintenance or building concerns are documented and reported to manager/supervisor
- Assist with administrative projects as assigned
- Serves as a backup to the Administrative team in a time of need
- Assists with any other projects/task as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Must have excellent phone voice and demeanor that is pleasant in all situations
- Experience with a multi-line phone system
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter with little to no on-site supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a highly fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook