Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support provides quality safety and shelter to battered women and their children through crisis intervention and short term crisis therapeutics and to reduce the occurrence of violence against women and children in the greater Dallas area. We are also committed to raising the level of community awareness regarding the pervasiveness and effects of domestic violence.
BILINGUAL WOMEN'S CASE MANAGER
Hours: Monday-Friday, with three days 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and two nights 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Supervisor: Director of Residential Services
Position Purpose: To promote safety and empowerment of victims of domestic violence by providing individual and group case management along with crisis intervention and support services.
- Assist in identifying needs of clients and giving appropriate referrals and resources to fit their needs
- Perform hotline crisis intervention and help clients and callers develop safety plan
- Establish referral relationships with other social service agencies and attend community coalition meetings
- Complete client intakes, family background information, and set individual goals both short and long term
- Maintain accurate file records in electronic filing system, Titanium Schedule
- Serve as an advocate for clients in obtaining community resources such as writing letters on behalf of clients and coordinating assistance for clients with other service providers (ex: meetings with housing programs, medical appointments, and legal service coordination)
- Accompany client to court and other necessary appointments
- Conduct weekly domestic violence education group for all women residing at shelter
- Attend training as necessary to maintain accurate and adequate knowledge in the field of domestic violence
- Prepare client assessments on a weekly basis for staff meetings
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client services and case notes in compliance with agency guidelines
Attend mandatory meetings:
- Supervision with Director of Residential services--Bi-monthly
- Staffing with employees--Weekly
- Treatment team with employees--Weekly
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Related experience to include crisis intervention, casework services, counseling, advocacy, and coordination of services, preferably in the area of domestic violence
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
- Demonstrates experience with and sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are made
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
Qualified individuals please email resume to email@example.com
WOMEN AND CHILDREN'S THERAPIST
Hours: Three days 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., two days 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Job Duties: The Women and Children's Therapist at Genesis Women's Shelter & Support will provide individual and group therapy to women and children who have bin or are living in homes with domestic violence. This position is responsible for assessment and evaluation to aid and determine treatment goals, as well as providing crisis intervention and long term counseling in remediation of family violence. The Women and Children's Therapist will work as a member of a treatment team in advocating for clients affected by domestic violence. This position also includes providing parent education regarding services, parenting, and domestic violence education. Experience with play therapy is preferred.
Qualifications: A Master's degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or related field is required; candidate should be licensed in related field. Supervisor's license preferred. Bilingual English and Spanish preferred. We are looking for someone who has a high energy level, is self-motivated, results-oriented, and has excellent people and communication skills.
Qualified individuals please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BILINGUAL PRN RELIEF STAFF
Supervisor: Residential Operations Manager
Position Purpose: To upkeep and maintain the shelter, as well as meet the needs of the clients. Responsible for general facility housekeeping tasks and assists clients with personal items and room set up. PRN staff work on an as needed basis. Must be fluent in English and Spanish. Schedule flexibility and the ability to work with little notice are required for this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform telephone hotline crisis intervention and take appropriate action, including client intake and exit procedures.
- Perform make-ready on rooms after client exit, cleaning room and preparing room for a new family.
- Carry out kitchen and cooking duties, preparing meals and clean up.
- Keep records of daily events in shelter and with clients in daily log.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client services.
Qualified individuals please send resume to email@example.com or by fax at 214.559.2361.