Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support provides quality safety and shelter to battered women and their children through crisis intervention and short term crisis therapeutics and to reduce the occurrence of violence against women and children in the greater Dallas area. We are also committed to raising the level of community awareness regarding the pervasiveness and effects of domestic violence.
CHILDREN'S CASE MANAGER
Annie's House Transitional Program
The position of Children's Case Manager serves to promote the safety and empowerment of victims of domestic violence by providing individual and group case management along with crisis intervention and support services. The Children's Case Manager also provides resources and referrals for women and children residing in the shelter.
- Conduct intakes, assessments, and convey children's program and expectations to children, adolescents and moms in individual, group, and family settings.
- Conduct weekly case management meetings with women at the Shelter to estabilsh short term goals for children and to provide referrals to resources within the community.
- Conduct meetings with children when necessary to assess their understanding of safety and for the purpose of safety planning.
- Broadly assess each child's physical and emotional health and development and make recommendations to staff. Make appropriate referrals to outside agencies if necessary.
- Work with moms of the children and adolescent clients in the program by providing regular consultation for the purpose of assessment, consultation, parent training, and education.
- Provide crisis interventions when necessary.
- Monitor on-site and community school and daycare enrollment, and provide supplies when needed.
- Coordinate provision of other services with case management staff, children's department staff, clinical staff, and other service providers.
- Provide nurturing childcare to infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school age children residing at the Shelter and Annie's House.
- Develop and implement age appropriate activities and projects for all ages of children in care.
- Plan and facilitate evening group activities, schedule guest speakers, and purchase activity supplies as needed.
- Plan and facilitate Camp G activities for school age children during holiday breaks and the summer months.
- Complete electronic file documentation and reporting in clients file in a timely manner.
- Plan and facilitate special events/activities/parties for children (i.e. Back to School parties, holiday special activities).
- Assist the Children's Program Director with monitoring, training, greeting, and scheduling all shelter and Annie's House children's volunteers.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client services and case notes in compliance with agency guidelines.
- Attend monthly community meetings, collaborations, and coalitions related to children's services and the needs of children.
- Attend training as necessary to maintain accurate and adequate knowledge in the field of domestic violence and working with children.
- Serve as back-up for emergency crises and hotline calls.
Fundamental Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required
- Completion of Bachelor's or Master's Degree in psychology, sociology, social work, counseling, or other related field.
- Experience working with children.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Ability to drive a commercial vehicle and lift some heavy objects.
- Demonstrate experience with sensitivity to varying cultural, ethnic, and social backgrounds, values, and attitudes.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Acceptance of agency philosophies regarding domestic violence, internal conflict resolutions, and how decisions are made.
- Case management experience preferred but not required.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Coordinate community in-kind donations and donation drives from start to finish (i.e., collect, inventory, store, thank)
- Solicit in-kind donations for events, client programs, and administrative programs
- Write timely correspondence of donations and in-kind values
- Prepare monthly report of donations and in-kind values
- Inventory and manage collateral needs
- Assist with special events
- Donor Data Base Management
- Inventory and manage Noah's Magic Shoes book sales
- Help with holiday donation drive
- Any other responsibilities deemed necessary by the Director of Outreach or Executive Director
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to attend evening and weekend functions
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong computer skills
- Sense of inquiry
- Ability to speak effectively in a one-on-one or group setting
- Creative writing skills
- Knowledgeable about Domestic Violence
- Knowledgeable about Genesis Women's Shelter & Support
- Must be a Texas licensed and insurable driver
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client/agency information
- Commitment to Genesis' mission and ability to articulate it required
Qualified individuals please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BILINGUAL PRN RELIEF STAFF
Hours: as needed
Supervisor: Residential Operations Manager
Position Purpose: To upkeep and maintain the shelter, as well as meet the needs of the clients. Responsible for general facility housekeeping tasks and assists clients with personal items and room set up. PRN staff work on an as needed basis. Must be fluent in English and Spanish. Schedule flexibility and the ability to work with little notice are required for this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform telephone hotline crisis intervention and take appropriate action, including client intake and exit procedures.
- Perform make-ready on rooms after client exit, cleaning room and preparing room for a new family.
- Carry out kitchen and cooking duties, preparing meals and clean up.
- Keep records of daily events in shelter and with clients in daily log.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client services.
Qualified individuals please send resume to email@example.com or by fax at 214.559.2361.