Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support provides quality safety and shelter to battered women and their children through crisis intervention and short term crisis therapeutics and to reduce the occurrence of violence against women and children in the greater Dallas area. We are also committed to raising the level of community awareness regarding the pervasiveness and effects of domestic violence.
WOMEN'S & CHILDREN'S THERAPIST
Hours: Three days will be 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and two days will be 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
Job Duties are as follows:
The Women's and Children’s Therapist at Genesis Women’s Outreach will provide individual and group therapy to women and children who have been or are living in homes with domestic violence. This position is responsible for assessment and evaluation to aid and determine treatment goals, as well as providing crisis intervention and long term counseling in remediation of family violence. The Women's and Children’s Therapist will work as a member of a treatment team in advocating for clients affected by domestic violence. This position also includes providing parent education regarding services, parenting, and domestic violence education. Experience with Play Therapy is preferred.
Qualifications are as follows:
A master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, or related field is required; Candidate should be licensed in related field. Candidate should have a supervisory license. On-site individual and group supervision is provided. We are looking for someone who has a high energy level, is self-motivated, is results-oriented, and has excellent people and communication skills. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred. Qualified individuals should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supervisor: Director of Communications
Hours: Part Time, 20 hours per week
- Design marketing, event, and general collateral. Includes: invitations, signage, newsletters, annual reports, logos, letterhead, brochures, infographics, programs, sponsorship contracts, eblasts
- Ensure all collateral materials are current and up-to-date
- Update website under the direction of supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- Professional design experience
- Strong creative graphic design skills
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Web development skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and be a self starter
Qualified individuals please submit resume to email@example.com
- Research and identify foundation and corporation sources for funding purposes compatible with the organization's programs
- Maintain funding source database. Experience with Raiser's Edge is a plus
- Execute timeline for grant/funding deadlines and reporting
- Prepare and submit grant requests
- Coordinate grant writing requests with Director of Philanthropy
- Compile and complete required statistical and narrative reports for funders in accordance with grant reporting schedule
- Ensure timely feedback in appreciation of secured funding
- Ensure compliance with all fundraising restrictions and requirements
- Support Director of Philanthropy with research, solicitation, and management of funders
- Attend staff meetings, professional development workshops, and grant information sessions
- Assist in site visits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or other related field
- Previous grant writing experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Strong time management skills
Ideal candidate will have familiarity with Dallas philanthropic landscape
Qualified individuals please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BILINGUAL PRN RELIEF STAFF
Supervisor: Residential Operations Manager
Position Purpose: To upkeep and maintain the shelter, as well as meet the needs of the clients. Responsible for general facility housekeeping tasks and assists clients with personal items and room set up. PRN staff work on an as needed basis. Must be fluent in English and Spanish. Schedule flexibility and the ability to work with little notice are required for this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform telephone hotline crisis intervention and take appropriate action, including client intake and exit procedures.
- Perform make-ready on rooms after client exit, cleaning room and preparing room for a new family.
- Carry out kitchen and cooking duties, preparing meals and clean up.
- Keep records of daily events in shelter and with clients in daily log.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client services
Qualified individuals please send resume to email@example.com or by fax at 214.559.2361.